Registration of foreign business entities
To register a Representative Office and/or a Branch, foreign business entities should apply in writing to the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Azerbaijan or to the Ministry of Justice of the Nakhichevan Autonomous Republic of Azerbaijan depending on the place of business activity.
Application Letter should be signed by an authorised person and notarised.
To register a foreign business entity in Azerbaijan the set of documents required should contain the following:
- Name of the foreign business entity, its address and registration number
- Authorised person’s name, surname, address, his/her passport/identification document’s number, issue and expiry date
- Articles of Association of a Representative Office or a Branch. It should contain the name of the owner(s) of foreign business entity, its address, registration number and registration date, rights and responsibilities of a Representative Office or a Branch, its management and winding up procedure and other matters of importance at the discretion of business entity in question
- Original or a certified photocopy of the decision of the owner(s) to set up a Representative Office or a Branch and appoint its management
- Original or a certified photocopy of Certificate of Incorporation and Memorandum of Association of the foreign business entity which opens a Representative Office or a Branch
- Original or a certified photocopy of the Power of Attorney given to representative(s) by the owner(s)/shareholders/directors of business entity
- Notarised specimen signature(s) of representative(s)
- Proof of payment of the consular fee
- Proof of address of a Representative Office or a Branch
Please note that aforementioned documents should be apostilled by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or other relevant bodies in the countries of accreditation (Republic of Ireland)
For more detailed information please visit the official website of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Azerbaijan http://www.justice.gov.az/eng_index.html
LEGALISATION / CERTIFICATION
With effect from 05 March 2004 the Hague Convention on “Annulment of legalisation requirements of foreign official documents” of 05 October 1961 entered into force in the Republic of Azerbaijan. Under the Convention the legalisation of documents from member states is NO LONGER REQUIRED (with the exception of administrative documents dealing directly with commercial or customs operations).